Small business owners know the value of health insurance, and good benefits can help recruit and retain employees. But finding affordable coverage can be tough. That’s why Washington Healthplanfinder Business offers small businesses quality health plans for employees, added convenience and cost savings.
Washington Healthplanfinder Business can help your small business by:
- Simplifying choices: Washington Healthplanfinder Business provides side-by-side comparisons of state-certified health plans, including their benefits, premiums and quality. All plans will cover essential health benefits such as visits to the doctor and emergency room, prescriptions, and preventative care. In addition, plans will be offered in four "metal tiers” based on the costs covered.
- Expanding employee options: You can offer employees a variety of health plans, and your employees can choose the plan that fit their needs and their budget.
- Preserving employer control: Washington Healthplanfinder Business gives you the freedom to determine your own level of contribution toward your employees’ coverage and make a single monthly payment rather than payments to multiple plans. Consolidated billing will also be available so you can provide workers a choice without the hassle of contracting with multiple insurers.
- Lowering your costs: You can save your business money by spreading insurers’ administrative costs across more employers. In addition, Washington Healthplanfinder Business provides exclusive access to a 35% tax credit for health premiums – a benefit that increases to 50% in 2014.
- Providing personal support: Washington Healthplanfinder Business provides personalized support to answer your questions and help you choose the best coverage for you and your employees. You can also still work with your broker to find plans and enroll through the website.
For help creating an employer account, use this checklist.
Not sure when your payment is due? Use these guidelines about payments and your coverage start date.
Small Business Representatives
Washington Healthplanfinder Business has local field representatives ready to answer any policy or Affordable Care Act questions you may have. The small business representatives are Washington State licensed disability insurance brokers. They can also assist you with access to a registered Washington Healthplanfinder broker, small group quote, enrollment timelines and other Washington Healthplanfinder Business-related questions you may have.
- Scott Hacker – South Center (Tukwila) north to the Canadian border: email@example.com
- Michael Jackling – South Center (Tukwila) south to the Oregon border: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brandon Larson and Kris Lattimore – Eastern Washington: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org