Application Quick Tips
How to renew your Qualified Health Plan for 2015:
Or Quick Link titled: Update my Application and Renew Coverage
Additional Qualified Health Plan Renewal Resources:
- Qualified Health Plan Renewal Checklist
- Qualified Health Plan Renewal Fact Sheet
- Qualified Health Plan Renewal Timeline
Top 5 Trending Questions:
Last revised 11/25/14
1. What are the key dates and deadlines for Washington Healthplanfinder Qualified Health Plan coverage?
November 15, 2014 Start date for 2015 QHP Open Enrollment
4:59 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2014 Payment deadline for coverage effective Jan. 1
4:59 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 Payment deadline for coverage effective Feb. 1
11:59 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015 Payment deadline for coverage effective Mar. 1
February 15, 2015 End date for 2015 QHP Open Enrollment
2. What if I forgot my Washington Healthplanfinder password or username?
To get your password, click on “Forgot your password?” from the Washington Healthplanfinder homepage in the Sign In box. You will be prompted to enter your username and answer one of the security questions that you established when you set up your account. After correctly answering the question, Washington Healthplanfinder will allow you access to your account.
To get your username, click on “Forgot your username?” from the Washington Healthplanfinder homepage in the Sign In box. Washington Healthplanfinder will send you an email with your username so that you can log back into your account.
If you tried to reset your username or password yourself and still need help, contact Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support at 1-855-923-4633.
3. Is there anything I can do to prepare for Open Enrollment?
Here are some important things you can do to make sure Open Enrollment is smooth for you and your family:
- Make sure you can sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account. If you forgot your password or username, you can reset it online. If you tried to do it yourself and still need help, contact Customer Support.
- If you’d prefer to receive email notifications instead of hard copy letters via USPS, make sure to select the electronic notification preference listed in your Washington Healthplanfinder account by clicking the account dashboard quick link called “Change Account Settings.”
- If you receive hard copy letters, make sure your mailing address listed in your Washington Healthplanfinder account is up-to-date. You can check it on your Washington Healthplanfinder account dashboard tab called “My Household.” In addition, please make sure to update this address in your Healthplanfinder application by reporting a change.
- Gather your citizenship, income, or other identify documentation in case you need to upload documents to Washington Healthplanfinder.
4. I received an “Open Enrollment Renewal” letter from Washington Healthplanfinder. What do I need to do?
You should read your letter carefully. You can renew your insurance coverage starting November 15 until February 15. Depending on whether you are eligible for auto renewal or manual renewal, you may have some steps to take online. Sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account and select “View Anticipated Eligibility Results” or "Update my Application and Renew Coverage." Follow on-screen instructions and prompts.
Here’s a list of terms and their definitions that you may find in the letter:
- Anticipated Eligibility: Based on the current information in your Washington Healthplanfinder application, this is the coverage you qualify for in 2015. This could be a Qualified Health Plan with any cost-sharing reductions and health insurance premium tax credits or coverage through Washington Apple Health.
- Auto Renewal: When you signed up for health coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder, you had the option to check a box on the “Primary Applicant’s eSignature” screen which stated that you “authorize Washington Healthplanfinder to obtain updated federal tax information for a period no more than five years.” This allows Washington Healthplanfinder to make it easy for you to keep your coverage from year to year. Based on your anticipated eligibility in your Open Enrollment Renewal letter, your coverage will be renewed even if you do not take any action.
- CSR: Cost Sharing Reductions: If you are eligible, cost sharing reductions lower your costs of
Washington Healthplanfinder Qualified Health Plan copays, coinsurance and/or deductibles.
- HIPTC: Health Insurance Premium Tax Credits: Also known as an advanced premium tax credit, this tax credit can be used to lower your health insurance premium costs. Your eligibility for this reduction, and the amount you could receive, are based on your income.
- Open Enrollment: The time of year when you can enroll in a Qualified Health Plan. For 2015 coverage, the Qualified Health Plan Open Enrollment Period is November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015. Washington Apple Health enrollment is year-round.
- Opt-Out: The option to not renew 2015 coverage. If you change your mind, you have until February 15, 2015 to select and pay for a health plan (this is the last day of Qualified Health Plan Open Enrollment for 2015 coverage).
5. I received my "Open Enrollment Renewal" letter. My health insurance premium tax credit is less this year than it was last year. Why?
The amount of tax credit you are eligible for is based on the most recent information you provided in your Washington Healthplanfinder application. Your tax credit amount is based on your family size and income as well as the rate for the second lowest cost Silver plan in the area you live in. You pay the difference between the advanced amount of tax credit you elect and the monthly premium of the health plan you choose. If you are eligible for autorenewal (to continue the same coverage you had in 2014 in 2015), you could save money by shopping and checking out the new options available through Washington Healthplanfinder.
- How to use wahealthplanfinder.org
- Checklist for Free and Low-Cost Health Insurance Application
- Tips for Buying a Qualified Health Plan
- Special Enrollment Request Form
For additional application FAQs, click here.
- Check out the Contact Us page.
- Call our toll-free Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Contact a Navigator/In-Person Assister or insurance broker who can help you fill out a paper application. You can view our community organizations by clicking here.